Monday, March 22, 2010

the director of Numero tokyo


 

 A director from Numero Tokyo, Ako Tanaka. One of the busiest ladies in Japan.
borne, razed in Osaka (same as melol).  
Studied fashion for 4 years in Italy, decided to work there as a stylist using her experiences.
Worked hard to develop her book which is portfolio, got models from agencies, more interesting cool outfits from stores. 
Took her half year to complete the book and she got her position as a stylist.    
after 2 years working in Italy,  she came back to Japan kept working as a stylist but freelance based this time.
experienced working in many categories like dramas, commercial, magazines ect.
while she was working for ELLE magazine she got an offer from VOGUE magazine for a fashion editor position. 
Vogue was the most interesting part to listen to me even Im not a huge fan of it.
the head boss was the most mean lady she had ever known. for example she fired all the people she did not like their looks and visions. Which totally makes a sense to me though... I mean that's how it works in the fashion/ vision world. We all love people who got the style, vision. and of course  one of the top fashion magazines just need the best creators who are top on all the categories.
That's why all the French Vogue people are all beautiful and do fresh creative jobs.
I already knew but it was nice to hear from somebody who was actually there working.

Also,  if we wanna do magazine editing we have to see just anything cool,  super visual, shocking experiences in a way.
I discovered that your style gets sucks if you are stacked in a small category.

I noticed that we gatta be changed, flexible as the society/ world changes.
obviously its not working if you do the same things other people did already which are too much out there or sth really uncool old things. Updating is the key if you wanna keeping be on top of them I think.

relating to working ladies in Japan,
I  was thinking a lot about this society here.
I cannot forget the moment when one of my friends asked me if I wanna be EITHER a housewife or a working business lady(keep being single, just keep working she meant).
really shocked by the question since there are so many choices in this world. My life cannot be only 2 choices obviously.
and really noticed that this Japanese society is just super outdated for working ladies which really need to be changed. It's all about revolution and there should not be the time we do the same nonworking thing all over again. Leave the waste, take the best.   
I just want ladies here to know there are so many chances for them and I really hope they get bigger dreams everyday even.
so that's how I have been feeling lately after going events and lectures etc..! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment